Where is my Beloved?

On the seat of ignorance i sat alone

A little bird of hope came flying

Asked I “Did u see a tail feather of a peacock ?”

Said she “Yes! On the head of Radha’s beloved”


Where is the prank child of MaYashoda?

The friend of devoted Sudhama?

Wither, the Guru of faithful Dhananjaya?

The lilting flute notes haunted my mind.


I ran to the temples, searching

But He was not there, I cried.

I looked for him,in the crowds too

But He disappeared,just in a flash.


I thought him to be among scholars

But I found only lore, not Him

I thought him to be among dancers

But i found only dance, not Him


I went to the mountains seeking Him

There lay rocks, devoid of bliss

I was bewildered not seeing Him

Somewhere the flute poured nectar.


Then spoke a voice within

Seek Me not in the woods or temples

Not among crowds or scholars

Seek Me in the cave of your heart


I entered the cavern ,devotion deep

Beheld a beam, light of the third eye.

In that hopeful light I saw a yellow cloth

Was that Giridhar ,my Peethambardhari?


Traits pulled me away from the vision

Couldn’t behold the Divine anymore

Thrown out of the cave by vasanas

Keeping me away from my Beloved

My wait is eternal ,o smiling shepherd

To hear your music ,to feel your love

My heart rushed to fall at your feet

To serve you , beloved Lord of the gopis.


Comments

aswathy said…
divinely beautiful ...:)
Meera said…
Hari ...read this few days back and remember commenting on this....but can't see my comment now....no words to describe this....staight from your heart...that is the beauty....photos are also really great...
Sakhi said…
Cute work Hari....Cuteness mixed with an eternal feeling...Keep it up...
hi735 said…
athannu ... awsome ... u did it ,,
- me thanthoni ,..
nairs community :D
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
nice one on kittappa :)

Popular Posts